Consumer Fireworks may not be used, ignited or discharged within the corporate limits of the Town of Highland except during approved dates and times. [More Info...]
Should you Fight the Fire?
BEFORE YOU BEGIN to fight a fire:
- Make sure everyone has left, or is leaving, the building.
- Make sure the fire department has been called.
- Make sure the fire is confined to a small area and is not spreading.
- Be sure you have an unobstructedc escape route to which the fire will not spread.
- Be sure you have read the instructions and that you know how to use the extinguisher.
It is reckless to fight a fire in any other circumstances. Instead, leave immediately and close off the area.
Reprinted from NFPA pamphlet "Home Portable Fire Extinguishers"